How Adopting SASE Technologies Helps Businesses
There must be something in a name. Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)—pronounced sassy—is a recent development that incorporates the power of SD-WAN with a more comprehensive network security model. SASE Technologies are then the future now in cybersecurity.
In short, agile and modern businesses should consider the impact that this technology can have on its ability to operate with partners and customers more securely.
For the record, we must state that SASE is a cybersecurity idea that Gartner, Inc. introduced to the public in August 2019 through a reported titled “The Future of Network Security in the Cloud.”
It garnered a significant amount of attention from industry professionals around the globe and is has created a lot of buzz and discussion.
Do you Know what SASE is? Or SASE Technologies?
In case this be the first notice about SASE technologies, then let’s put it like this. SASE is a security concept that aims to combine network security services and wide-area networking (WAN) under a single cloud-based solution model.
The purpose behind Gartner’s idea consists of leveraging the power of mobile connectivity and real-time updates. Same, SASE can comprehensively manage the elements that matter to business managers the most.
Also, Gartner claims that SASE can identify a network, account for internal security policies, and assess your risk to exposure all under one roof.
How SASE Technologies Benefits Businesses
Even further, Gartner has estimated that more than 40 percent of all enterprises will adopt SASE by the year 2024. That number is pretty significant.
Moreover, the architecture of SASE technologies can do much more, such as:
- Recognizing trusted users on a network
- Apply security measures to their session while still allowing them to access the data and information
- Acting in real-time
If these benefits pique your interest, here are a few more ways in which SASE can boost the safety and security of your cloud applications:
- Cost Reduction: Long gone will be the days of buying multi-point solutions. A single platform will be sure to reduce your IT expenses.
- Simplicity: Without proper management, an IT environment and network can become bloated and convoluted using ‘duct tape’ strategies passed through the hands of multiple managers. SASE will simplify your IT infrastructure since it only requires a single platform.
- Data and Threat Protection: SASE integrates full content inspection and data protection policies throughout your entire network. These two elements alone will ensure that your organization stays safe and secure from cybercriminals and hackers looking for an ‘in.’
- Flexibility: There are several security services you can incorporate with SASE, including web filtering, data loss prevention, sandboxing, and next-generation sequencing (NGS) in your technologies.
As you can see, Gartner is making a strong case for cloud application SASE services. And business owners wanting to protect their internal and external interests stand to benefit from adopting it.
Industries that Stand to Benefit the Most
Additionally, SASE technologies are an excellent choice. Both, business owners and managers engaged in protecting their network at the highest level possible get benefits from them.
However, specific industries stand to benefit the most since rules and regulations require them to adopt secure systems.
- Businesses that come to mind are:
- Professional services firms.
- healthcare organizations.
- organizations that execute credit card payments.
- Any organization bound by industry compliances and auditory processes.
Other key points are hospitals and law firms deal in extremely private matters. Due to their privileged information nature, they are considered sensitive data. This of course includes healthcare information and details that apply to a lawsuit.
Historically, both types of businesses have been victims of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. For this reason, SASE may just be the solution for which they were looking to prevent future occurrences.
E-commerce retailers are also a lucrative target for cybercriminals since they deal with collecting payment data and payment process.
Cracking open your company’s customer database is like finding a treasure trove for these unsavory individuals. Make sure you are offering the latest in safety and security by adopting SASE technologies.
SASE technologies comprehends security solutions that a significant portion of the business world will adapt over a short-run time horizon.
It combines the power of WAN and network security under a single solution to help simply and flexibly manage your IT environment and cloud network.
Doing so will benefit you by saving time and creating a higher level of security that you, your employees, and your customers can come to trust.